Monday, March 18, 2013

No Perfect Moms

Let me just say that as much as I would like to be at home, I am glad to have started a "normal" week.  Last Friday (the 8th) I woke up in the early morning hours with the flu.  SERIOUSLY!!  I have not had the flu since 2006 & I had made it through Dec., Jan., & Feb. without getting sick.  March comes & I am puking my guts out.  Now I must say that I had forgotten just how much I HATE being sick.  Well I was sick Friday, Saturday, & was finally better by Sunday.  So my husband & I decided to make a run to the store with our son.  WELLLLL....wouldn't you know we get almost to the store & my son projectile vomits in the truck. 

-SIDE NOTE: my husband does not do well w/ puking & is one that will start gagging & possibly end up puking if he is around others that are.

So we get pulled over to the side of the road & my son, bless his heart, is doing pretty good for the first time ever puking.  My husband on the other hand is standing behind me gagging & complaining of the smell.  So now i have a sick kid.  Well he seemed fine when we got home only he had diarrhea.  I don't want to brag b/c it will come back to bite me I'm sure, but my son did really well the entire time & only had 2 accidents in his underwear:) Well a family member came & watched our son while my husband & I went to work.  Later that night my son wakes up screaming, I run in his room to find him puking in his bed.  (he had went a full 24 hours w/out puking)  So here I am at 10 pm giving our son a shower while my husband is gagging changing his bed clothes.  I make a bed on the floor & my son & I snuggle up.  At around 2am I hear my husband in the bathroom puking:(  Needless to say sleep was not an option that night.  Well after several days my husband & son are back to feeling better, thank goodness b/c I'm not sure who the bigger baby was. 

Friday I was able to take off work & attend the Hearts at Home conference in Bloomington, IL.  AWESOME!!  If you have never been, you must go.  This conference is completely dedicated to moms.  This year the theme was "No Perfect Moms", how appropriate.  It was so nice to be able to listen to other women talk about the achievements/disappointments/stresses of everyday motherhood.  It was also nice to enjoy some much needed girl time.  I came away from that event learning several things: 1. I am not the only mother who sometimes wants to run away & hide for a while 2. I am so thankful for the life & family that I have & how the Lord has blessed me 3. I really struggle with friendships (this will be discussed on a future post, I don't have the energy for that now)

So this week starts a new week...but next week is sure to bring many interesting posts.  My hubby gets his wisdom teeth out, we have my nephew's 2nd birthday party, & our son gets his pictures taken.       

No comments:

Post a Comment