Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CRAZY

Wow, I can't believe it has been over a month since my last post.  Here I go with my updates:

Wisdom teeth: A thorn in my side & a pain in my hubby's mouth.  He had 2 removed, one was easy-peasy, the other of course was difficult!!  So not only was it difficult he ended up with a dry socket & still hasn't healed completely.  Now, I had all 4 of mine removed & ended up with 2 dry sockets & I don't remember being nearly as whiny as he is.  Bless his heart, he is getting better though:)

Puppy Power: We have a new puppy, her name is Pixie.  (not my hubby's idea of a good name for a dog)  Oh well, my son & I won that argument.  She is adorable, and I really think she will be a good dog.  But she is in the puppy stage so she does a lot of biting & jumping.  My son, who I thought would like her since she is still a "little" puppy, doesn't really want to be near her.  He likes to talk to her & see her, but doesn't want to pet her.  My hope is that as she mellows out & becomes better trained he will enjoy her more. 

Organization: I am the most Unorganized/Organized person I know.  To look at my desk/scrapbook room/closet you would think I wouldn't know where anything is.  But I actually (for the most part) know where things are.  With that being said I like the idea of organization & love pinning stuff on Pinterest that relate to it.  (feel free to follow me on Pinterest at jsmith22believe@gmail.com)  My problem is my follow through.  So I revised my Home Management Folder again.  (this is the 3rd time)  I will say that this time my friend found some really good print outs, that I think will be helpful.  I also did some spring cleaning this past weekend & cleaned out some stuff, it does feel good to get rid of "STUFF".  One of my favorite quotes "organized people are just too lazy to look for it". 

Sandbox: Okay, if you are like me you had a sandbox as a kid.  Now I was lucky & had a huge sandbox that my swingset sat in...I didn't have a little turtle one with a lid.  I remember playing out there & building castles & villages and such.  So I wanted a sandbox for my son.  My husband wanted one like the little turtle that we could cover up so the cats didn't use it as a litter box.  I get that, but I wanted a big one that my son, nephews, neighbor boys all of them could play in it together.  My solution was he could build a lid.  Well, long story short, I got my way, we didn't make a lid b/c we no longer have cats (we live in the country & they fall victim to traffic) & my son is IN LOVE!!  We made this last summer for his birthday & unfortunately IL was quite warm last summer & there were several days it was TOO HOT to play in the sand that had been in the sun all day.  However, now that the weather is getting nice again he is out there almost every evening, digging, building, dumping, shoveling....CREATING!!  I love watching his little mind work as he creates.  So whether you live in a city & don't have space for a large sandbox, a turtle will do.  or if you are blessed to live in the country, like me, get your kid a sandbox.  The will love it.
                     ****NOTE****From many years of daycare if your child is still in diapers and sand      gets on their bottom put baby powder on them & brush it off.  Works WAY better then trying to wash it off. 

Boston: I don't really like to talk about things that are so sad, but sometimes you just have to.  My thoughts & prayers are with all the victims & families that have suffered because of the horrific events at the Boston Marathon.  I have never been much of a news junkie, even before my mornings were Mickey Mouse & Chugginton, I still didn't watch much news.  Mainly because it is usually depressing & I don't like to start my day off that way.  That being said, my computer had the live feed going all day Friday as they were on the manhunt.  I know I have said this before, but I don't know if it is because I am older, or because I have a child, or maybe just because I am more aware.  These horrific events really get to me.  I had Dr. Phil on DVR during the Sandy Hook shootings & I still haven't been able to watch those shows.  I just start crying.  I would love it if we never see another horrific event/tragedy like Boston or Sandy Hook ever again, but I know that probably isn't going to happen.  The only thing we can do is pray & stay strong for those who are directly affected.

On a more positive note I tried a new recipe today "Crockpot Lasagna".  I am anxious to get home & try it.  If it is a success I will be sure to update you.  Happy Blogging!!

jenn

1 comment:

  1. Yep men are babies. Fact :) Let us know about the recipe, I've seen that a few times but I've been scared to try it!

    ReplyDelete