Monday, November 5, 2012

Good Monday Morning Everyone!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I had a good weekend & I must say I was pretty productive.  I did get my closet cleaned out...let's just say 2 boxes of clothes later & i can see the floor!!  I hope to post a pic later.  Now I don't have the money to go buy a bunch of nice closet organizers..so being the "normal" mom that I am.  I used DIAPER BOXES!!  Good grief I should have started saving these a long time ago.  They work perfect for storage at the top of my closet.  I also got 1/2 of my craft project done for my amazing cousin...I am very excited to see it completed...trust me pictures will follow. 
This weekend our church had a "thankful" lunch for all the volunteers:) My mom cooked a WONDERFUL lunch.  While at the lunch I recieved one of the greatest compliments ever...a lady in our church told me that I was a good mother.  That really made my day.  I try so hard to be a good mom & good wife, but sometimes you wonder if you are doing the right things.  This woman made me feel so happy & that I am doing the right things for my son!!

On another happy note, my mom & I are very close & we are together a lot....and I don't know what I would do without her.  But this weekend she made me even more thankful for her...& I didn't think I could be any more thankful for her.  I was telling her a story & mentioned that she would be proud of me.  Her response "i am always proud of you".  I said well I know you are proud of me but what about the times I have disappointed you (trust me I am far from perfect & I can think back on some of behaviors & they were not my proudest moments) Anyway my mom said "you've not disappointed me & I am always proud of you".  My mother's LOVE is truly AMAZING!!  I know there are times when she has been upset with my choices, but to know that she has always been proud of me is very important.  All of my life all I have wanted is to make my parents proud & to know that thus far I have done that makes me very happy.  I love you Momma!! I realized that if my biggest role model is my mother & if i follow her lead I think i'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment