Tuesday, November 27, 2012

THANKFULNESS

Well Thanksgiving is over & Christmas is right around the corner.  Although I am not a huge fan of the cold I love the HOLIDAYS!!  When I was younger it was my favorite time because I got out of school & of course PRESENTS!!  Now as I am older it is about getting off work..WOOHOO!  Just kidding, although that is a nice bonus, it's about my family.  I absolutely love getting together with my family & friends.  (and the holidays provide a perfect reason)  Just ask my husband I would much rather go & visit someone then sit at home.  I remember being a kid & "going in town" to see my aunt & uncle, or going to visit some of my parents friends who had kids my age.  It was so much fun.  All of those memories are good memories & it gives you an even closer connection with the people you love.  I am very blessed to live close to my parents & it is very rare that I go more than a day without seeing them & I usually see my in-laws at least a couple times a week.  I know some people are thinking I'm crazy for wanting to spend so much time with them, but I love them, they are all amazing parents & even greater grandparents. 

When I was younger I loved family get togethers, everyone jammed into someones house, talking loudly, trying to find a place to sit & eat...it was chaos. The one thing I remember most about those times was the laughter:) The laughter was usually brought on by previous memories, you know what I mean those priceless stories that are told overtime you get together, but they still make you laugh like it just happened.  As I'm typing this I'm picturing some very important people in my life laughing & wishing I could still hear their laugh.  I have lost several people in my life and holidays have been different since they passed.  There is a gap that is there and although you still have a good time the gap is always in your heart. 

If I could I would build a HUGE house with a massive dining room & the longest table you could find that way I could have family & friends over all the time for meals.  Now since I don't cook those meals may be take out...but nonetheless it would be food & conversation. 

So for those of you who have been blessed & have not lost anyone close to you or were too young to remember an individual that passed away, count your blessings.  Eventually we all lose loved ones, some to illness, others to accidents, whatever the circumstance it will cause a gap in your heart.  So remember that we don't know whether or not we have tomorrow & we need to cherish everyday & every person in our life.  Take time to slow down & enjoy the people God has given us.  So next time someone stops by your house unexpectedly don't worry about whether or not it is clean, because trust me they didn't stop by to do a housekeeping inspection, they stopped to see YOU!  Also the next time you are driving past an old friend's house that you haven't seen in a while stop & visit with them.  Trust me your conversation will probably be another great memory that won't be forgotten. 

So an early Merry Christmas to you.

*my computer is still acting up which is why I have not been able to post pics of my last project, which by the way was super cute:)                   





No comments:

Post a Comment