Thursday, January 10, 2013

What a difference a month makes

So it has been a month since my last post & I feel terrible that it has been this long but a lot has gone on.  I will apologize in advance for the craziness of this post & the random subjects that may occur..but waiting a month between posts will do that to you.

1. Sandy Hook- I was at work & happened to look at the Yahoo news link & began to watch this tragedy unfold on the news.  Now I am only 28 but there have been several tragedies that I have seen on the news & remember vividly....9-11, Katrina, Columbine, Oklahoma City, those are just a few that come to mind.  For some reason though this one really seemed to hit a place in my heart.  I was brought to tears sitting at my desk just wanting to leave & go get my 2 1/2 year old son from the sitter.  Now I have always felt sadness for all the people/families involved in all of the tragedies that have occurred during my lifetime.  I think since I now have a child I see things a different way.  I read several blogs that spoke on the Sandy Hook tragedy, eventually though I couldn't even watch the news.  I pray that those families are able to find some peace.  May God bless those children, teachers, staff, & all the families involved.

2. Christmas- My son LOVED Christmas this year.  He had so much fun opening presents & the look of excitement on his face was priceless:) Now needless to say my son got more toys than he really needs, and as much as he loved his new train table from his Nana & Papa, he was also very excited for the box of Raisenets that Santa left in his stocking.

3. POTTY TRAINING- So excited to announce that we are now in underwear (minus naps & bedtime) The last 4 days we have only had 3 accidents!!!  Now he still isn't really telling me when he has to go potty, but he goes when I tell him to.  He is however telling me when he has to go #2 which is a really big deal for me because who enjoys changing poopy diapers..NOT ME!

4. New Years- Well my husband & I being the crazy party animals we are stayed up until 8:30!!  I did set some goals for myself & my family.  We will see how these work out, but I feel all my goals are reachable...I'm not trying to lose 75lbs by March or build a new house.  My goals are simple yet rewarding if I choose to follow through.  Wish me luck!   

5. Freezer Meals- well after reading about it & doing some research I decided to try freezer meals.  My neighbor & I went shopping on Saturday & then made everything on Sunday.  LOVE IT!!  Now you have to understand that I HATE cooking...everything about it minus the eating I can't stand.  So this was a big task for me & considering we worked on it from 1-6:30 that is a long time in the kitchen for me.  Between the two of us we spent around $160 total & made 36 meals (18 a piece).  I must tell you that both of us have our own beef so we are lucky & don't have to purchase that from the store, and we had several of the spices & canned goods listed in our pantries so that took away a little bit of cost.  But overall $80 a person wasn't bad for 18 meals.  So far I have had 5 of the recipes & there was only 1 that we didn't like as a family.  The other nice thing is leftovers:) Now my son is 2 & really picky he doesn't eat a lot, but even if he ate a normal serving there would still be some left over!    

6. Outreach- I am currently working on the outreach committee at our church.  I have never been on a committee at church & hope that I am able to bring new ideas to the group.  I am in the process of putting together a women's outreach day & I am very excited about this event. 

7. 365- I recently, well minus 2 pages, completed my son's entire 1st year in a scrapbook.  Before he was born my mom had seen several blogs with 365 days of....... She told me I should do this for my son, take a picture & journal every day of his first year.  Now do I have a picture from every day NO, do I have journaling from every day NO.  But I do have something from every day.  It was difficult especially with it being my first child & being totally exhausted.  But I made it work & I am happy that I did it.  Now when my son is 25 is he going to care that I did it, maybe, maybe not.  But hopefully his wife, or children will enjoy it:)

Well, that's all I have for now.  I'm excited for a new year & new blogs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment