Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Weekend Wrap up

Well I hope everyone had a GREAT Memorial day weekend.  Mine was uneventful, but good.  Saturday my son & I went with my mother-in-law to a town called Arthur.  Arthur is a largely Amish community with some neat little shops & a really yummy restaurant.  I was a little nervous b/c this was going to be a pretty long drive for my son.  He did GREAT..actually better than great b/c for an almost 3 year old he was content most of the way there & slept most of the way back.  Although it was rainy most of the day we had fun listening to my son's vocabulary.  Example: he told me when he gets big he is going to drive a bus & I will sit in the front seat w/ him & he was naming all the places we would go.  So I asked when are we leaving, his response "I already told you once, I'm not telling you again".  Seriously that was direct quote, my mother-in-law & I just looked at each other & burst out laughing.  Really where do they get this stuff???  I also had fun catching up & having "grown up talk" with my mother-in-law.  I must say that I am very blessed to have an amazing mother-in-law.  Some people are not so lucky & she jokes b/c her friends will comment that she is lucky to have a great daughter-in-law b/c apparently they can't say the same.  I love my mother-in-law to pieces and although there are times she drives me crazy or we don't agree on something I still wouldn't trade her for the world. 

Sunday was another fun laid back day.  My hubby had to work:( but the neighbor boy came over & played with my little guy & they had a blast.  There is roughly a 3 year age gap between them, but they can play together for hours & never have a problem. 

The best part of my weekend (you mother's will understand) was I got to take an uninterrupted 2 hour nap!!!  Did you catch that, 2 hours.  It was heavenly.  My son went to my parents house to play & although I wasn't sure when they were bringing him back I took advantage of an empty house & a cozy bed.  It has been a long time since I have had a nap, and I really don't understand why my son dislikes them, they are great. 

The worst part of the weekend was the scale.  That's right I said in one of my previous posts that I would probably jinx myself by saying anything & sure enough.  Let's hope that this week is better.

so until next time....

-jenn

1 comment:

  1. Kids are so funny! Mine is 2 at the end of June and he's been picking up phrases like, "I'm not sure" and "I can't find him." They're so smart and I love to hear what they come up with!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete